Proton-Electrotex established a complete operation cycle, efficient infrastructure, modern production lines, measuring equipment and clean room production facilities needed for production of bipolar power semiconductor devices like diodes and thyristors.
The entire manufacturing cycle is divided into four main stages allocated to separate substructures of the company:
- production of diffused semiconductor elements including silicon wafers polishing area, diffusion process area and lithographic processing area.
- production of elements with thermal compensator including alloy and evaporation processes, bevel polishing and bevel jet etching.
- semiconductor element measurement including measurement systems to determine static and dynamic parameters in the entire range of device operating temperature.
- assembly of the disc, module and stud devices as well as power assemblies with heat-sinks including clean processes of semiconductor assembly, encapsulation and approval tests.
The company is focused on individual requirements of our customers, therefore the process of device manufacturing is often customized: there is an option to group devices according to their specific parameters, to produce specific wire connections, to design devices with custom parameters.
We also offer a specialized operating reliability laboratory used for classification and periodic tests, reliability tests and determination of device service life as well as technical support of the customers.
Manufacturing of IGBT modules is based on several special technologies:
- Vacuum soldering: the soldered seam ensures the mechanical bonding of the components, achievement of the required electrical and thermal conductivity, resistivity to thermal cycling, and, ultimately, plays an important role in the product reliability.
- Plasma desmearing: use of argon-oxygen plasma for micro-desmearing and surface activation. This is an efficient way to avoid hazardous and poisonous solvents and stabilize the welding, soldering, and coating parameters.
- Ultrasonic scanning: an indispensable method of nondestructive testing when working with large parts, it is used both after soldering and at the other stages of module manufacturing, such as the ultrasonic welding of leads.
- Ultrasonic welding of power leads, control leads, and semiconductor chip bonds: a critically vital process, which has replaced the methods of pressed and soldered structures enables it to flexibly approach the design of the body crossbars, use wires, bands, aluminum and copper conductors of different sections.
To optimize our manufacturing process, optimize rational engagement and use of various production, human or financial resources the company implemented an ERP‑system including units of production process accounting, resources dispatching control as well as planning unit.